Friday, July 07, 2006

The Dark Knight vs. The Man of Steel

Being that I saw Superman Returns this past weekend (or Super-Duper Man as my friend Melissa calls it...) and am inordinately fond of Batman Begins, I figured the time was ripe for a debate on who's better. Just for my own amusement, really, and because I'm leaving town for a week.

So, folks, have it out. Who kicks more super-villain ass? Who looks better in his super-suit?

Batman. No ifs ands or buts about it. Batman is the best. I mean, he has to WORK for his superhero status. He has to workout to keep in shape. He has to invent all his faboo little gadgets.

Superman just is. Cheater. Wave a little kryptonite in his face and he's screwed.

Take away Batman's utility belt and he can still pummel you into the ground with his fists.

Besides, with Batman's dark side and tortured past, you get a very human element. Sure, some people will argue that the destruction of Krypton wasn't exactly a walk in the park for Superman, but for my own purposes, I'll just ignore that. After all, this is my blog.

I'll take Gotham over Metropolis any day.

No comments: