Yes, it's that time again, my cherubs.
Time for rehearsal!
Power by Nick Dear. The story of Louis XIV, the Sun King.
New director to work with.
Kick-ass cast. Except for the fact that it's missing my auntie and her beau. Poo on that.
How do I screen roommates when I have so little free time?
Why did the last woman have to turn out to be a flake?
How come the other cool one has found somewhere else to live?
Why? Why? Why?
God, listen to me! Bitch, bitch, bitch!!! I sound overwhelmed, which I'm not. Maybe, "slightly irked" is a better term for it.
Whew, I'm over it. I love going into rehearsal. You know generally what will happen, but it's the details and the journey that make it all different and worth while. Six weeks of exploring and peeling away the layers of the people and the story. Six weeks of making something truly beautiful that will, hopefully, touch someone's life. (Other than mine, of course.) All I have to say is, "Bring it on!"
"We shall be remembered.
We few, we happy few.
We band of brothers.
For he today that sheds his blood with me,
shall be my brother,
be he ne'er so vile."
-Henry V
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment