Tuesday, March 04, 2008

More and More...

...like my mother every day. I'll slip an arm into a sleeve and when the hand comes out it will be Mum's hand. I'll INSIST on having levels on the buffet table at a party and think, "Oh, that was Mum."

And then there was this past Saturday. The infamous "Tech Day," when lights and sound are finally added into the mixture and all hell breaks loose. Oddly enough, that's the fun part. All the sitting around and "paying attention" finally pays off on Tech Day when I get to do what I do best.

The bit of Mum that permeated through me was the part of her that's emotionally susceptible... that it to say, the part that weeps at the drop of a hat.

Not to worry, the big bad mean director didn't make me cry. The lights, however, did.

No, really.

Mary, our usual lighting goddess is out of town at the moment and Mike the Awesome has taken over for her. He did the lights for Power a year ago and did a wonderful job. Well, he set up a prologue for Of Mice and Men that slowly fades the lights up on the area for each scene, brilliantly showing off our very cool set. Not only that, but Troy Sterling Nies has composed some original music for us too. The first time we played the song "Someday" with the lighting cue, it took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes.

I have to say, my dear auntie was also brought to tears, so I'm blaming it on genetics.

Pictures to follow...

1 comment:

Annejelynn said...

time tah post, chicky!