Spring has definitely sprung here in the City of Angels. (Crap. What do you mean it's almost June?!) What does that mean? Well, the jacaranda trees are blooming purple, the mock orange trees are exuding their musk, and the jasmine is making the nights fragrant.
It also means that it's getting very close to time for our company picnic, which is at Magic Mountain! The last time I was there I was 17 and I went on the Viper about 5 times in a row. I'm completely stoked, to say the least. The fact that it's free makes it even better! (Maybe I'll get my picture taken with Wakko this time.)
My cousin Amanda is getting married in a week to a very sweet guy who thinks the world of her. We knew they were destined for each other when he bought her Mickey Mouse Croc's for Valentine's Day. Now that's true love.
We've postponed the Banshee show for this summer, so I find myself with an appalling amount of time on my hands. Time to go to the gym or jog around the neighborhood and get rid of my pudgy belly. (Read with a Scottish brogue.) Maybe I'll finish the two cross-stitching projects that I've had in the works for years.
We're having a reading on Monday night for another prospective show for Banshee's upcoming season. One of the critics who loves us best, suggested we give Macbeth a go. (We'll see how many Blackadder jokes come out during the evening. "Hot potato, off with her drawers, Puck will make amends!") I'm hoping not very many women come, so I can read one of the witches. "Something wicked this way comes."
Recently, I found out that one of my favorite books The Killer Angels (read it yet, Ang?) has had a stage adaptation done of it. Needless to say, I got my anxiouus little hands on it in short order and read it immediately. Hopefully, the Banshee's will like it as much as I have.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
lol - I was just asked this very morning where I was in my Killer Angels reading. . . it's sitting on my bedside stand. . . still waiting to be read! I have this habit, when I start a book, I do nothing but read it until it's done and nothing else gets done. I haven't had the time for it. HOWEVER, after some final pics are hung on the stair walls (gotta get 'em off the stairs landing) and some minor sewing projects are complete, I intend to begin reading TONITE!
Post a Comment