Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Re-Occuring Theme in my Reading Material

My Utah girlfriends gave me a gift certificate for my birthday in December for a local bookstore. Beside myself, I took my $75 and an hour and a half during the holidays and went in to snoop and dig through the stacks. The two women behind the counter grinned at me and let me go about my giddy business.

I walked out with the following:

A new copy of Jane Eyre, to replace my sad old copy.

A book called London by Edward Rutherford that I'm reading now and LOVING!

The first two books in a series about a Victorian, schoogirl who discovers that she's gifted with magic. A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels. I've read the first one and it was great.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard to continue my Harry Potter collection. I've read two of the short stories and it inspired me to read The Seven again. I know, I'm a freak.

A copy of a historical fiction novel called Katherine. For obvious reasons this looked cool. Haven't read it yet.

I had $1.50 left on the gift certificate and seriously impressed the women with my huge stack of reading material. They suggested Edward Rutherford's book on Stonehenge called Sarum and with how much I'm enjoying London, I'm definitely going to seek it out.

On my way home I realized that ALL of them are set in England. At least I'm consistent.

No comments: