You haven't heard from me in ages, you say?
Well, last weekend, I went to the symphony, the opera, and a beer-tasting. Keith Lockhart is on the verge of leaving the Utah Symphony, so the parental units and I caught his last "Pops" concert. They played everything from The Blue Danube and Boogie-Woogie Bugle Boy to the Beatles. Lots of fun! That was Thursday.
Friday, I went with my grandparents to see The Marriage of Figaro by Utah Opera. Watching it, you could tell exactly why Mozart was revered as highly as he was. Truly amazing. LONG, but amazing. A happy opera. Wow!
Saturday night, our group of friends that meets for a monthly wine-tasting, met for the annual because-it's-St.-Patrick's-Day beer-tasting. I find that my taste for beer has waned somewhat. There was some of my favorite Bass there and it just wasn't as tasty as I remembered. I guess as my knowledge of wine grows, my palate has changed. Or I'm a freak. Take your pick.
This just past Friday, another of my mother's infamous teas was on the books. "Pearls of Wisdom" was the theme of this one. I don't know how "wise" we were after the two bottles of champagne we had, but we didn't really care.
My pearl of wisdom for the day?
"Mastering yourself, makes you fearless."
-Lao Tzu
A huge congrats to Ang and her honey-man on their new arrival!!! Go happy for you guys! She's beautiful!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Culture, Taste, Wisdom, & Words
Labels:
In Vino Veritas,
Me,
Me And The Mum,
Theatre,
Words of Wisdom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
thanks chica! can't wait for you all to meet her!
Post a Comment