My dear Grandfather turned 85 last week and is still going like a bat out of hell, as evidenced by the spray paint on my fingernails and the permeating odor of starter fluid.
The main thing I'm working on now is painting the biggest generator you've ever seen. It weighs 6500 lbs. I'm calling it "Big Bertha" and it's the color of that scuzz that forms on top of a cup of coffee that's been sitting on your desk for a week.
I should be going to work with him this morning, but I've had a little bit of a sore throat for the last few days and the last thing I need is to get sick right now. There's WAY too much fun stuff going on this weekend!
My aunty and Robyn are in town, GF's big birthday bash is Saturday night at our house, Mother's Day on Sunday, my aunty's birthday on Saturday, a geek trip to go and see the new Star Trek, and tomorrow is cleaning day in preparation for the big party. I'm sincerely hoping that if I take it easy today then my left eye will stop watering. I look like the bad guy in Casino Royale who weeps blood. (OK, it's not quite that bad, but still...)
On the bright side, the party favors are all finished (and pretty awesome, I think) and my mum's Mother's Day present is all finished.
It was inspired by a wreath we saw in a catalog and we got the stuff for about half what the catalog would have charged.
Wish me luck on my busy weekend and I'll give Big Bertha and Grandfather your regards.


2 comments:
Kati, Kati, Kati! I love you! The CDs you compiled for our baby girlie are WONDERFUL! We played the Sweet Dreams disc at bedtime last night. WONDERFUL and sooo thoughtful of you! I hope you kept the playlist file, cuz I have a feeling we'll play those discs until they die! Thanks so much! Ange oxo and lil' Juli-bean
(p.s. I deleted my first comment in order to remove her name)
Post a Comment