There may be many movie/theatre critics out there who think they have a good method for determining what makes a "good" show. Well, here are two more.
Jennie and I decide how good something is by how much liquor you need to have ingested to enjoy yourself. For something like the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie you can have fun watching that movie stone cold sober. When I watched Fight Club I wished that I'd had a couple of beers to sip for the first half and a couple pints of everclear for the second half. Woah.
My mom and I know that we like something when we get in the car and say, "Didn't you love the part where..." The more of those moments we find and the longer we're talking about them, then the more we liked the movie.
After we saw the new Star Trek, we were oohing and aahing over it for days. I'm stilling oohing, but it's more internal now.
Note: this works just as well for theatre as it does for films.
Didn't you love that part where Spock turned down his admission into the Vulcan Science Academy and told the Vulcan elders to "Live long and prosper"? Yeah, me too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment