I'm sorry I'm not doing these more often, but time to yourself is a rare commodity on this shoot. At the moment I'm covered in paint from painting a set that should have been completed while we were in New England. Silly of me, really, to think that I wouldn't end up painting a set for this. We've re-arranged our shooting a bit and we're back on schedule. Now I'm off for a much-needed bath.
Day 2 (September 22, 2009) – First Day of Shooting!
5:00am: Wow, another early morning. And it feels like it’s two hours earlier. Granted, to my compatriots it feels like it’s three hours earlier.
7:00: In Jamaica state park to film a dead sheep in a river. It’s a party now!
7:20: Met Paul, our farmer. He’s a cool dude and a tech writer and he has to get super wet in an ice cold river in Vermont.
8:06: Found myself lying amidst cold, hard rocks, desperate not to be seen by the camera while making fog to make the river look “eerie.”
8:35: First shot is in the can! WOO!
8:42: The dead sheep looks gross and yet cool!
9:00: Sean says I’m having too much fun. Hee!
4:30: On the busiest road in Vermont trying to film in some fields, but people keep driving past. One woman in a Prius tried to run us over 6 separate times.
6:00: The lovely Andrea Ogden (whose house we’re filming in front of) brought us cold local beer to refresh us. These Vermonters are so sweet and friendly.
6:06: I don’t have to look at the monitor to know how a shot is looking. I just watch Sean and Andrew’s faces. Their smiles speak volumes.
8:00: Back to base camp from Landgrove. Sigh.
8:20: Loony chef brought me a flower (!) (and all the girls), but gets mad when I try to take the red one.
8:30: Finished dinner, but we have more simple shots to do. It does mean we have a later start tomorrow.
9:45: Let Amanda run the fog machine cause she feels like the kid in preschool who’s getting punished for eating paste.
9:47: Must keep moving or will fall asleep.
9:49: Chris Lackey says he’ll end this shoot “ripped or dead.” We figure it’s a new line of workout tapes. Chris keeps being the dude to hold up the rain rig (since it’s not actually raining in New England), which is a steel pipe filled with water with a sprinkler at one end and a hose attached to the other.
10:53: A stinger sounds like it should be a fish or something, but it’s really a big-ass extension cord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
okay missy, it's time tah post sumthin ~
We'll c u soon come New years! Til' then, Merry Chrimpus to you!oxo
Post a Comment