Last weekend, my friends and I went to the Irish Fair in Irvine. Lots of over-priced hotdogs and greasy fish and chips to be had. And what kind of Irish Fair is it if you can’t get a Guiness?! Anyway, we had a grand old time. We perused the booths and drooled over numerous exotic scarves, dresses, and pieces of celtic jewelry.
We went mostly to see Gaelic Storm. They’re the band that was playing in steerage in Titanic. They’re completely wonderful on CD, but live they’re freakin’ awesome! They did two sets in the hot Anaheim sun. They’re website’s a kick and you can win a trip to Ireland. Check it out!
We also saw a band called The Joshua Tree. They’re a U2 tribute band. I was thoroughly expecting them to suck. Especially when I saw the faux Bono standing around before they went on. When he talks, he sounds like he’s from either the Valley or maybe Malibu. Very California. Then I heard him sing! He sounds like Bono! Eerily, like Bono. They were great. I kept wishing that my U2 nut friend Debbie was there… We’ll have to catch them at the House of Blues, or something. Check out their website too!
The sheepdog demonstration was wonderful! In fact... I liked it better than Cats. I’d see it again and again.
The strangest thing we saw (other than the lesbian Civil War re-enactors) was the woman dressed in period costume, with her boobs hiked up to here, with a (wait for it) pear stuck in her cleavage. Yes, you read that correctly. A pear. In her cleavage. If anybody out there can explain this phenomenon to me, I’d greatly appreciate it.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment