It's more than a little ridiculous, really. Normally, I'm fine living two states away from almost all of my family. I'm OK talking to my mom on the phone once or twice a week and participating in e-mail volleys. My auntie provides the familial affection that I need here in L.A. and life is peachy.
Except for the last three days. I've been having pangs of homesickness. The urge to sit with my mummy on the couch, a cat in each of our laps, drinking margaritas, and watching mindless movies. Preferably Tomb Raider or something similar. I want to eat at the Pizzeria in Ogden and get a hug from my daddy. I need to set Grandmother's dinner table and sit around it with my clan. I even want to walk to see the horses that my mom loves so much.
So, you're thinking, suck it up and dial the damn phone! Send one of those e-mails. It only takes 30 seconds! What the hell's wrong with you?!
My parents are in Jamaica until Saturday. Damn it. I'm heartily in favor of them having some fun and spending a week in the sunny tropics, but wouldn't you know it that as soon as they board the plane their sappy daughter would go all sentimental.
How soon is Saturday?
Sigh. I need a hug.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Consider yourself cyber hugged!!
Debbie
BIG HUGE virtual HUG!
Post a Comment