Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday Quotes!

Today, I bring you a selection of quotes from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

"It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world."

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."

"For future reference, Harry, it is raspberry...although of course, if I were a Death Eater, I would have been sure to research my own jam preferences before impersonating myself."

"I take my hat off to you--or I would, if I were not afraid of showering you with spiders."

"I would assume that you were going to offer me refreshment, but the evidence so far suggests that that would be optimistic to the point of foolishness."

"You can try," said Harry indifferently. "But you seem cleverer than Fudge, so I'd have thought you'd have learned from his mistakes. He tried interfering at Hogwarts. You might have noticed he's not Minister anymore, but Dumbledore's still headmaster. I'd leave Dumbledore alone, if I were you."

1 comment:

Annejelynn said...

Excellent ~ Excellent! most Excellent!!!