Monday, September 15, 2008

In Absentia

So...

Tonight Theatre Banshee starts rehearsals for it's new show The Year of the Hiker....

I'm not there.

Yes, my aunt and her hubby are SMing in my place. Yes, this makes me feel slightly better. Yes, I've agreed to do the sound design from two states away.

Would I rather be there for the next six weeks, missing on sleep, nagging people to learn their lines, setting props, learning cues, recording blocking, and otherwise working my ass off?

Bet your ass.

At 8pm (Utah time) tonight, I'll think of them all gathering, handing out scripts, introducing the newbies, shaking off the dust since the last show. That perfect little black box, waiting for the magical transformation that will occur over the next month and a half.

Damn.

On a lighter note, my mom has offered to buy me a set of walking sticks with a flask in the handle of one, if I decide to stay in Utah. More on that next time.

No comments: