Aside from my standing weekly date with Mark Harmon (watching NCIS every Tuesday), and since Doctor Who is gone until Christmas, I find not much enticing on TV lately. I'm only slightly mourning the loss of cable (I love you, Jon Stewart!).
My mom has sucked me into a new show, though. The Big Bang Theory on Monday nights. It's super smart and really freakin' funny! I can't drink anything during that show, because I'm bound to either do a spit take or squirt it out my nose. Red wine's not comfy when it comes through the nostrils.
The premise is this. Four physicists work and play together. They're young and genius's. One can never talk to girls unless he's drunk, another says he's too evolved to learn how to drive a car so he needs someone to drive him to Pottery Barn so he can return his Star Wars sheets. (Darth Vader's looking at him funny.) And across the hall lives the pretty, blonde girl who works at The Cheescake Factory and dropped out of community college.
While trying to drive a simulator on Monday, they asked Sheldon what color he wanted his simulated car to be and he said, "You know the light blue color of Luke Skywalker's lightsaber? Before it was digitally remastered." Being the geek that I am, I love this stuff!
And when someone asks why I have to leave my african dance class RIGHT on time on Monday nights? Well, I have a date with a physicist.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love The Big Bang Theory. The funniest show on TV. I look forward to it every Monday night.
Post a Comment