Ice Cream Pie
This is tasty and very refreshing on a summer's day.
You take a quart of vanilla ice cream and let it soften. You mix it with a can of frozen lemonade. Pink, regular, whatever. You pour it into a pre-made graham cracker crust and stick it back in the freezer to congeal. Simple and tasty. Bonus.
Tin-Can Ice Cream
I should get the official recipe for this from my mom before I post it, but if anybody wants it, just drop me an e-mail. From this, you'll get the general idea.
You take a big coffee can and put a little coffee can inside of it. Into the little can goes cream (I believe), sugar, vanilla, and whatever flavoring you like. Mint and chocolate chips, if you're me. Into the big can goes ice and rock salt. Both lids go on and you con a couple of kids into sitting on the cement with towels to keep their hands from freezing and rolling it back and forth until you have ice cream. Good times.
And the most white trash of all...
Cool-Whip Fruit Dip
This one's a little embarassing, but tasty nonetheless.
Mix a tub of cool-whip with a container of your choice of yogurt. I like lemon or raspberry, myself. Then, you just dip fruit in it. Pineapple, apples, strawberries. Yummy. (I suppose this one's not embarassing if you don't have my cool-whip issues. I'm not sure it's actually food.)
So, there they are. The fruity, summery tastes of my youth.


4 comments:
I too have a white trash recipe involving Cool Whip which my mother invented (the recipe, not Cool Whip).
Take canned pear halves and put one each on a plat or in a bowl. Slice up bananas too, about half a banana per plate. Now, mix bunch of Cool Whip and a dollop of peanut butter (yes, trust me) together until you get a pale tan, fluffy mess and evenly distribute on top of fruit. Weird, but good. Thanks Mom!
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
Mmm Mmm Mmm Here's a trashy recipe site www.whitetrashcookbook.com ? Grits toppped with cheeze wiz ?
Post a Comment