Thursday, February 15, 2007

Does that count as a Valentine?

When I got to rehearsal last night, I met Robyn and we walked down the street to Porto's (a cuban deli/bakery. I love LA!) for a treat. She'd been at the dentist for two and a half hours and needed a pick-me-up.

As we walked, we came closer to a woman (I think) who was hobbling along in front of us. "She" was wearing a platinum wig (possibly), hauling a gigantic wheeled suitcase, sporting a bandaged foot, and waving a cane. And cackling to herself under her breath. She crossed the street in front of us and passed a car that was idling at the stop sign. For some reason, she started laughing hysterically at the driver. As we passed the car, we could see the driver snickering to himself and he leaned out the window and wished us a "Happy Valentine's Day."

As we gave "her" a wide berth to pass her, we heard, "Are you two lesbians? Cause you look like lesbians.... Ew!" And then, swear to God, she shrieked.

Now Robyn and I have figured that people think this about us frequently. Especially when I wear my black leather biker jacket. We usually think it's amusing, and we did last night too, but only after it had a bit to sink in. It was the crowning jewel on our Valentine's Day. I have to say, Robyn is awesome, but she's not Velntine material. For some nice guy out there, perhaps, but not for me.

Thank God Valentine's Day is over for another year.

No comments: