Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Holiday or the Sixth Circle of Hell?

I intensely dislike Valentine's Day. Perhaps because I've never been lucky enough to have one ON Valentine's Day... Perhaps because I think it's an asinine contrivance of the greeting card and chocolate companies. Perhaps because it's another pagan holiday that has been twisted into something hardly recognizable. Whatever the reason, for me it's where hell and holidays collide. (That's what my Valentine for Robyn said anyway.)

It helps that it's my dear sweet mummy's birthday, so at least I always had someone to have dinner with. I'm trying not to be too bitter today, but I'm failing rather miserably. I asked the cat to be my Valentine this morning and he just tried to wash his nether regions. Not exactly what I was hoping for, in more ways than one.

I'm thrilled that I have rehearsal tonight. It'll serve nicely as a distraction. Maybe the men of Banshee can be my collective Valentine.

XOXO

2 comments:

Annejelynn said...

well, I love you, and many more, I'm positively sure! no doubts!

Be mine!

Annejelynn said...

whoops - I meant, I love you, and many more people love you too...