This past Saturday was meant to be a day of laundry and cleaning. As my one real day off during the week, I had it all set to take care of all the little things that had been piling up since the previous Saturday. Did that happen? No. Why not, you ask? Because my boys needed help.
My dear friends Sean and Andrew are the founders of the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society. H.P. Who? H.P. Lovecraft was a novelist during the 1920's. He wrote horror stories with strange mythical beasts, most of whom are trying to enslave humankind forever.
A few years ago, they made an award-winning movie called The Call of Cthulhu. Cthulhu being a creature that's half octopus, half ape. And there are wings in there too, just for good measure. Well, the boys have started filming the teaser for their next venture, a film based on the short story "The Whisperer in Darkness." Good title, right? They're trying to have it ready for the H.P. Lovecraft film festival which is held in Portland every October.
So, I spent the day "gripping," which is a fancy term for doing whatever needs to be done. I taped tin foil over the windows to black out the light, I went to get lunch from El Pollo Loco, I turned n the "rain" on and off, flickered lights to emulate lightning, and mopped up the "rain" when it leaked all over the floor. I meant to be there for a few hours, but finally went home at 11:30pm, after a 14 hour day. Only for these guys would I sacrifice my Saturday.
And boy were they glad to see me. They really needed an extra set of hands.
So, keep an eye out for their new trailer and hoardes of malevolent Byakhee. I have to go do my laundry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment