Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mr. Pullman Has Me in His Power

So, I've been reading The Golden Compass, at the urging of my dear Auntie and I find myself fascinated. I've read so many books over the years, it takes quite a bit to catch my eye. This has done it, though.

Imagine a world with armored polar bears, a mysterious particle known as Dust, a consul of witches, and a little girl completely unaware of her own important destiny. I'm ensorcelled. One of the coolest things about this world, is that a person goes everywhere with an outward manifestation of their soul. Something called a daemon. It's always of the opposite sex, can only get so far from you, and constantly changes forms when you're a child. Once you cross into adulthood, it settles into one form that echoes your personality.

In my exploration of the website today, I found my daemon. At first, I was slightly offended at the idea, but the more I think on it, the more I like it.

No comments: