I'm all registered for my next semester of class and I even have textbooks coming in the mail already. I'm pretty excited about my classes, except for one small detail. My textbooki for my "American Civilizations" class has Tom Cruise on the cover.
Tom "Scientology-Has-Sent-Me-'Round-the-Bend" Cruise. I skimmed through it and it looks like something from a sixth grade social studies class. Chapter 4: The U.S. Government, the Judicial Branch. Seriously? No, SERIOUSLY?!
I'm hoping my Neoclassic/Romantic Literature class will make up for the inanity of American Civilization. Who knows. Maybe the first day of class will be like that scene in Dead Poet's Society when Robin Williams has his students rip the textbook to shreds! I love that scene! I should really own that movie.
Anyway, here's to a well-deserved break for the next few weeks. My L.A. family and my Vegas family will be here a week from today and I can't wait! Let the holiday merriment commence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment