Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Little Things

I love so many things about living in Burbank and I discovered even more after my car croaked a few months ago. One of my favorite parts of the day is walking the block and a half home from the bus station after work. I get off right in front of Warner Brothers and there's a wonderful two story gallery/hallway that edges one of their buildings.

Listening to my iPod and strolling home helps me decompress. Even the bus ride and waiting at the bus stop is vaguely therapeutic. After the hallway, there's a little green courtyard.
In the morning, I get to see my very favorite part. For years I was a huge fan of Animaniacs. I mean that was how I remembered the states and their capitals! I remember the first time I went to Universal Studios and looked down into the San Fernando Valley and saw the WB water tower. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I have to say some of that still sticks even now that I live within spitting distance of it. Here's my kick-ass view of it while walking to the bus stop.
I've got a pretty rockin' view from the bus stop in the mornings too. This is looking back from the direction I've walked. The big arch you can see there is the same hallway from above. You can see how tall it is. I also get to see the posters for whatever movies are approaching. In this case, what new mistake has Gerard Butler made?
This is my view out of the window that's across from my desk. Not too shabby.
And this is the sunset one day last week, just as I was leaving the office. Would I have noticed it if I was driving a car? Maybe. Would it have stopped me in my tracks and made me smile? Probably not. The sunset this Monday was bright pink. Think Maxfield Parrish.



I will be happy to get my car back, but until then I'll enjoy the little things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your write-up and pictures Kati. I'm starting to develop a longing for Burbank/Glendale. I look forward to visiting again soon. Walking is underrated - so many people could probably walk to their destination in less time than it takes to find a parking spot. It's been scientifically proven to improve your health I hear...

Anonymous said...

didn't mean to leave that so mysteriously anonymous...