We're taking Frontrunner (the local commuter train) down to Salt Lake and hoofing it to the Capitol Theatre. The Capitol is a lovely theatre and I've seen everything there from Les Miserables and Jekyll & Hyde to the Utah Opera's Turandot and The Magic Flute. ( I admit I had much more fun at the first two than at the last two.)

Expect a full report on Monday!


3 comments:
I have ALWAYS loved the Capitol theater in SLC. I equate that place with my younger childhood! For several years, my father's parents would take us to see Ballet West's Nutcracker - - we lil' girls would all attend wearing the matching christmas dresses Grammie had made for us. and I saw Swan Lake there several times as well. HAVE FUN!
oh - and you may not have heard this yet... for our christmas gift to each other and Gabe this year, Pascal and I are taking him to see Wicked at the Pantages Dec 13th. He loves the CD and knows almost all the words for a handful of the songs. We'd heard it plans to close in LA come January! Did you know Wicked is coming to the Capitol theater the last of April, until May 5th? Yup!
I left what felt like several years of my life in that theater! Actually, I'm still short enough to make Nutcracker...
Thank goodness I saw Wicked in LA. The tickets here are so much more expensive!
Post a Comment