For my mom's December tea, she's asking the invitees to bring a quote. You'd think this would be easy for me, being that I'm the Quote Queen, but it's actually pretty tough trying to decide which one would be best.
It can't be just any quote, either. It has to be a spoken quote. No thoughts or super cool descriptions allowed.
I've been looking at Shakespeare, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley. All my usual standards. Nothing's jumping out.
I'm planning on re-reading Lord of the Rings and hoping for inspiration. Maybe Sherlock Holmes said something genius that I can borrow for an afternoon.
In the meantime, here's a Friday Quote for you. *Rifling through my memory*
"Few other griefs amid the ill chances of this world have more bitterness and shame for a man's heart than to behold the love of a lady so fair and brave that cannot be returned."
- The Return of the King, Aragorn
Just envision Viggo Mortensen saying this and it will fill your weekend with contentment.
Friday, November 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment