Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Happy Birthday, Critter!

Since today is my sweet Daddoo's birthday, I thought I'd mention some of the best moments I remember with him!

For years, I gave him a rosebush every year for his birthday present. Yellow, especially.

I remember decorating his bicycle for the 24th of July parade. Straws on the spokes and crepe paper on the handle bars.

I remember that time he dropped my favorite toothbrush down a pit toilet.

I remember all the mini bottles he went to Wyoming to get for my 21st birthday. That Drambuie was nasty!

I remember that time my stuffed animal Ducky stowed away in the foot of his sleeping bag. And how Ducky looked with only his head sticking out of Daddy's bike bag.

I remember that time when we were hiking to Sand Dune Arch in Arches National Park and we got caught in that evil sand storm. He let me blow my nose on his shirt tail.

I remember the massages and the kisses on the forehead to finish them off. (They never do that at Burke Williams...)

I remember the hugs. *Sigh*

And I remember the "Little Girl, Kati" song that always made me feel better when I was sick.

I love you, Daddy Dearest! More than I can say. And I wish I was there now to give you the biggest hug in the world! Here's a cyber-hug. Not nearly the same thing, but what are you gonna do. HAPPY B-DAY!!!

2 comments:

Annejelynn said...

First, Happy Birthday Don! Tell your Daddy I said so, please...

2nd, and not at all as important as "first" - where did you find Josh Friedman's blog?

Kati said...

I Googled "Snakes on a Plane" after I heard the story on NPR.