Friday, April 28, 2006

Lincoln, Me, and My Big Mouth

This post is about how much of an idiot I am.

Really.

I was at Disneyland with my Auntie and co. a few weeks ago and I had pulled a penny out of my pocket. We were in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and I was going to flip it into the water to join the thousands of other coins and make my wish.

I was standing there, staring at the penny. My mind registered that there was something not quite right about it. If I had thought about it for another three seconds, it would have made itself obvious. Instead, I opened my big fat mouth and said, "Oh, my God! They printed this penny backwards!"

Auntie looked at it. And looked at me. And said, "Kate, it's upside down." She then proceeded to laugh her ass off. For good reason, sure.

What can I say? It made me feel like an idiot (and still does), but it made her month. She's still laughing about it!

I don't know if this is better or worse than Mum taking the cat's Prozac...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!

Recovering Mormon said...

Not an idiot!!! Never, ever, ever. Not you, my pumkin.It was just one moment when your brain didn't filter your thought, and you spoke it. We all do it, baby, and thank god, or we would never laugh.

Auntie

Annejelynn said...

these silly moments are the kind that make life rich - yes, they can also make us feel like royal arses, BUT nonetheless, they're the best!!! I read this post earlier today, but it's still making me laugh!