Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Kirk, a Cape, and a Wedding

So, it's done! They're married! There's too much to tell all in one post, so I'll stick with the highlights.

The church was called the Wee Kirk O' the Heather, the officiant (Sean) was wearing a cape that was actually an inside out skirt, Andrew wore a superhero mask for his reading of Kahlil Gibran, the bagpiping gave me the shivers, both of the moms ended up wearing royal blue with no consultation beforehand, I stayed at the reception until 1am and tweaked my neck from dancing so much, my daddy danced with me, the food, Susan singing "Can You Read My Mind" and Brian with his Superman t-shirt, Josh telling me that now I have to call him "Uncle Josh," and how awesome all the bridesmaids looked in their hot black cocktail dresses. All in all, a pretty damn good weekend. (We'll ignore the car trouble that plagued everybody on Sunday.)

Susan sang this for the ceremony itself.

"Right as the rain
That falls from above
So real, so right is our love
It came like the spring
That breaks through the snow
I can't say what it may bring
I only know...
I only know...
It's right to believe
Whatever gave your eyes this glow
Whatever gave my heart this song
Can't be wrongIt's right as the rain
That falls from above
And fills the world
With the blue of our love
As rain must fall
And day must dawn
This love...
This love...
Must go on."

No comments: