My dear mummy (who will be here tomorrow, by the way!) sent me these yesterday. (Thanks to her friend Dawn who took them...)They made me feel nostalgic and a bit homesick. The leaves don't really change in L.A. Not like this anyway. And if they do change at all, it isn't until February.
I remember all the times I had to go trick-or-treating with a big-ass coat over my costume. Cleopatra in her parka wasn't quite the image I was hoping for.

And these? This is what mountains should look like. They call what we have in L.A. "mountains," but they're ever so wrong. Those are "hills." I believe these shots were taken in Sardine canyon, just outside of my home town. Now, none of these mountains can compare to Ben Lomond. Ben, as we affectionately call him, rests to the north of my home town and keeps an eye on us all. He looks ever so handsome when it snows on him. He was always the view out of my bedroom window growing up and he still brings me a sense of peace when I go home.
I'll have to take a picture of him, the next time I'm there. Or maybe I can ask mum to take one for me.
So, here's to leaf-peeping and Ben Lomond.


No comments:
Post a Comment