Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Paradigm Shift

So, with my entire family here last weekend, I came to a realization. Someone would ask me how my job was and the best answer I came up with was a groan and to roll my eyes. Not a good thing.

My mom always told me I should find something I'd be willing to do for free and the paycheck would just be a bonus. A good goal, sure, but a little hard to actually find.

So, I've been brainstorming and e-mailing every one I've ever met and all of their friends. I've gotten some good feedback so far, I've updated my resume, have even sent it out to a couple of companies, and even have a temp agency that's more than willing to take me on while I'm waiting for my dream job to open up.

What makes me thrilled to get out of bed in the morning?

Well, my friend Dan works for the Center Theatre Group in downtown LA. They run the Ahmanson, the Mark Taper Forum and the Kirk Douglas theatre. He says they might have something opening up pretty soon and that would be ideal. Getting paid to work for people who create and nourish theatre would be very rewarding.

I wonder if they need a stage manager...

No comments: