I'm coming up on my one year anniversary of seeing U2 in concert and wanted to share a horrifying story from that kick-ass day!
My friend Debbie and I had been looking forward to seeing U2 for ages. We said, "The next time they come, we're GOING!" We kept our word and last year on April 1st, we met at work and drove down to Anaheim and Arrowhead Pond to see the boys.
We got there at about 8 in the morning and set up our lawn chairs to wait for the day. We played games and talked to the fellow U2 nuts. The women at the front of the line had been there since 5pm the night before. And we thought we were crazy! *Side note: I have to add that I missed a performance of the showing I was stage managing, so I could see U2! I wouldn't have missed a show of Mine Eyes Hath Seen for anything less!*
They had set up a row of Andy Gumps for the people waiting in line and, at one point in the morning, I went to answer nature's call. I had my cell phone in my back pocket and pulled it out before I sat down, thinking, "Ew! That would SUCK!" I finished my business, stood up, and heard the rustle of falling cardboard.
I turned around and saw... our tickets. In the potty. I had had them in my back pocket too. Oh, Jesus.
Thank God it was pretty early in the day and there were a few of those paper toilet seat covers on top of the... you know. And our tickets were perched nicely on top of the seat covers. I plucked them out, heaved a HUGE sigh of relief (No pun intended. Really!), and went to tell Debbie.
She laughed and then took the tickets. They were probably safer in her possession.
And U2? They were astonishing! You can see why they're such a good band. And we were CLOSE! Sitting in line all day was SO worth it. Thanks for going with me, Debbie, and for not dropping our tickets down the toilet. You're the best!
Friday, March 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
God, I can't believe it's been a year....that concert was, hmmmm, indescribably delicious. I will never forget Bono doing his rock star strut just feet away from us. I could literally feel the energy emanating from him. But the absolute best part was the drive home. Windows cracked open slightly, wind blowing through, radio cranked to 11, and you and I still reeling from the U2 high singing our freakin' heart, soul and lungs out. You Rock, Pixie!! Remember Hawaii in November.... You, me, U2, floor seats. I"m just saying... Debbie
How sad that I'm anonymous. :)
Post a Comment