Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Force of Habit

Yes, when I was little I wanted to be a nun when I grew up. Now, let me say that this had NOTHING to do with faith, devotion, or piety. This was all about singing, dancing, and meeting my Captain Von Trapp. I LOVED The Sound of Music! I wore out my video tape from watching it so much. It was sweet and romantic. Christopher Plummer was so dashing. ("Do you mean to tell me that my children have been roaming about Salzburg dressed in nothing but some old DRAPES?!") Julie Andrews and her voice were perfect. The Nazis were so... forboding.

Of course, I realize now that donning the habit would have been the last way to go about it, but when you're five everything's so much simpler.

1 comment:

Annejelynn said...

one time while driving on my way to L.A., I was listening to - wait, no - not "listening to" in the sense that the real music was audible, due to how loudly I was singing... well, so I was singing to my Sound of Music soundtrack CD on my way to L.A., and I butt-dialed (not really by my bum, but my purse had landed on my cell phone and called the last person I had talked to) Mr. P.M., who stayed on the line for a minute and 40, listening to me sing "Confidence" at the very top of my lungs (or whatever that song's called, when she's walking down the road to the VonTrapp family home)...

When he hung up, he called me right back - I turned down the car stereo volume before answering (almost didn't hear the phone ringing) and he was laughing, laughing and told me what had happened... luckily, he found it all endearing.