I reverted to the age of five yesterday. It only lasted for a couple of minutes, but it was damned fun. I was performing the mundane task of taking out the garbage/recycling. It was “misting” outside. Nothing as substantial as “rain.” I had rolled up my jeans to keep them from trailing in the wet. The driveway between our buildings catches the water nicely and on my way back inside, I felt inspired to jump.
I’m out there skipping and jumping, trying to see how high I can splash, giggling insanely to myself, and one of my neighbors comes out. I was like a deer caught in headlights. A twenty-six year old woman, jeans rolled up to her knees, recycling bin in her hand, splashing in a puddle in the driveway. He just smiled at me and went to get in his car. I smiled back and hummed “Singin’ in the Rain” as I went back to cleaning.
“I’m dancin’ and singin’ in the rain…”
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
AWESOME! I confess, I'm an active puddle splasher, especially whenever an actual puddle forms, living in Vegas
Post a Comment