Last Saturday night when our fearless leaders were abandoning us to go and see a four hour production of Edwin Drood, Sean told me "Don't forget to remind the cast about Daylight Savings Time tomorrow...." I nodded and went back to stirring my lumpy tar.
Before our warm up, I did just that. "Don't forget that tomorrow is Daylight Savings Time! Set your clocks back an hour when you get home tonight. If you get here an hour early tomorrow and all the doors are locked, we'll all laugh at you."
So, Sunday morning, I get up, drink my tea, shower, get dressed, and look at my cell phone to see what time it is. After all, cell phones are linked into the all-powerful, all-knowing, satellite network of doom, right? Apparently, mine is the only one that isn't.
I got to the theatre, set my props, vacuumed up the feathers leftover from Saturday night, vacuumed the dressing rooms, vacuumed the house, and finally realized that it was five minutes to 1pm and NOBODY ELSE WAS THERE....
I thought, "Noooo.... I didn't." I trundled into the lobby and eyed the clock. 5 minutes to 1pm. I then thought to myself, "Well, the person who would have changed that clock would have been.... me. So, that means..."
When all else fails, call Mum. She picked up the phone and said, "What now?" (I'd been talking to her about ten minutes before that.) I said, "What time is it?" And she said, "Well, here it's five to 1, so there it's-"
"5 to noon." *Deep sigh* "I'm an idiot."
Luckily for me, there's a deck of cards and a comfy couch on stage. And I had a brand new box of Cheez-Its and an ice cold Coke in my bag. Not a bad way to kill an hour. It was much better for it to be an hour early than an hour late.
Sean took one look at me and said, "Did you forget?"
I said, "No, my cell phone just sucks."
And, yes, they did all laugh at me.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment