Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Five Freakin' Years! Part I

You've been living in L.A. for almost five years now, Kati. How do you feel?

I feel fantastic, Kati. In a way, it seems like I've been here for five minutes and, in another way, it feels like I've always been here.

Would you like to give us a re-cap of the best memories of the last five years?

I'd be glad to. These are in no particular order...

I saw U2 in concert.
I stage managed nine shows.
I fell off a ladder.
I killed my car and had to live without it for over six months.
I had a total of six roommates.
I've lived with two dogs, three cats, and two fish. And some hermit crabs. (Granted, at different times.)
I've had three jobs. (OK, one was only for a couple of weeks, but still...)
I've been to Disneyland approximately 20 times.
I've been to the beach twice.
I've seen a lot of theatre, including Red Noses, Angry Young Teenage Girl Gang, Wicked, Jersey Boys, Box 27, The Marvelous Wonderettes, Tango 'Til They're Sore, A Christmas O'Carol, Fighting Words, A Glorious Uncertainty, The Lepers of Baille Baste, The Beauty Queen of Leenane, Well of the Saints, The Shoe, a Sherlock Holmes play that I can't remember the name of, some witch play that just managed to piss me off, and others that haven't remained in my head at all.
I've had enough to eat and drink at Timmy Nolan's Irish pub that they automatically know that I want either a Bass or a gin & tonic made with Bombay Sapphire.
I discovered The Macaroni Grill, The White Stripes, Queen, Muse, U2, and Burke Williams.
And I figured out what I want my next tattoo to be.

I'll post more of these as I think of them over the next month and a half.

January 3rd marks the day.

No comments: