Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bathing the Chinchillas

Today on How L.A. is Different From Utah, we present - The Hostess Party.

In Utah, the hostess party is a rather demure affair. Scrap-booking, cooking paraphernalia, and yes, the ever-famous tupperware.

On the other hand, my friend Andra is having a "Passion Party" tonight. Yup, a whole room full of chicks and gay guys examining the finer qualities of vibrators, edible underwear, and naughty dice.

To me, this is weird. I'm too private to sit around with people (ANY people) and debate the bullet vs. the jack rabbit.

Fortunately, I have other things on my plate, so I'm spared the merriment.

I'm house-sitting for my friends Sean and Leslie this weekend and I'm going to have dinner with them tonight to learn how to care for their guinea pig and Sean's two chinchillas. (The dogs and cat I'm familiar with.) Maybe I'll get to give them a dust bath.

Knowing the people who will be at Andra's "Passion Party," they'll undoubtedly think that "bathing the chinchillas" is a euphemism for something completely different.

1 comment:

Annejelynn said...

chinchillas? really?!?