Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Miracle of Penzey's

I got home from work last night at 6:30, thanks to some rather bizarre traffic, and did I just stop at McDonald's for dinner and shove french fries into my mouth? No, sirree, I actually cooked! Not only did I cook, but I used a RECIPE and everything!

It was a recipe that I found in a Penzey's spice catalog about six months ago. I'd made it once before, but the weather has finally cooled off enough so I can cook it again.

Greek chicken and pasta. Simple, fairly quick, and really really good! Tomatoes, mushrooms, lemony herby goodness. And look at how pretty it is!



It also made a LOT of it, so I have it for a couple of days.

I even made it my own a little bit. It calls for chicken broth to deglaze the pan, but I used white wine and I used cremini mushrooms instead of button. (Wild girl!) And, craziest of all, it calls for thin spaghetti, but I used linguine. Woah, slow down there, Bessie!

So, here's a toast to tasty food on a Tuesday night and plenty of leftovers.

No comments: