Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gobble-icious

It's that wonderful time of year again! The time for homemade eggnog!

Wait, that's not what I meant to say... OK, maybe it is.

The time of year when we all want to hibernate has come. The time of excellent food, wine, and company. A time of tradition.

*Cue the Fiddler on the Roof music*

A part of me wishes that I was in Utah today, because today is the day that GF goes to the turkey farm to pick up the Thanksgiving turkey. (30 lbs this year, thank you very much.)

Apparently, the grandkids never grow out of the urge to accompany him. Granted, we all go through a phase of "This place SMELLS BAD! It smells like COW POO!!!" We all come back around, though. My cousins Christopher and Chance are going with him today and they're in their late teens. I'm sure my cousin Amanda (who just turned 21) would go with him too, if she weren't in school.

And you, yourself, Kati? Would you go?

In a heartbeat. And I might even let GF talk me into having a calf suck on my finger.

But, because I'm here, in balmy Los Angeles, I get my auntie's homemade eggnog. Such bliss, so much rum.

*Cue the Pirates of the Caribbean music*

I'll peel potatoes while I watch the Macy's parade. We'll watch the dog show while the turkey's cooking. We'll eat until we can eat no more. Then we'll wait awhile and have some pie.

Josh's Kentucky Pecan Pie... with dark chocolate and bourbon....

And Friday? Leftovers.

HAPPY GOBBLE DAY!!!

No comments: