Friday, November 09, 2007

Will She Make It?!?!?!?

Once again, I find myself forced to reiterate that cable television is the spawn of satan, but also that it's miraculous and demonically tempting. This week's culprit?

Ninja Warrior.

Yes, you did read that correctly. Ninja Warrior is a show on G4. It's Japanese and is a cross between American Gladiator and... you know, I can't think of anything else, because it defies description. I'll do my best, though.

Now, my friend Mel turned me on to this... thing. (Although, she blames her boyfriend Dan, so I'm going to blame him too.) The episodes that she's seen are mostly guys. I got "lucky" and caught episodes of Women of Ninja Warrior, being a slew of scantily clad, Japanese, teenage girls running a floating obstacle course.

I have to say that I found the best part to be when they bit the big one, or did a face plant into a large, foam island. I'm not proud to admit this, but it's true. Hee hee. Yeah, it's still funny.

The commentator is pretty awesome too. Where else can you hear someone say something like, "Look at her! She should be rated NC-17!" and not get his balls kicked into this throat?

And may I just say that I always wear my pleather short shorts when I need to run across a Floating Bridge. Thank you.

No comments: